Janet P. Smith, Principal Holly Orr, Secretary
(740) 967-5456 - office (740) 967-1142 - fax
“Quality Teaching for Successful Learning”
Welcome to Kindergarten at Searfoss Elementary!
Getting started is a 4-step process
1. Registration Scheduling by Appointment (beginning March 4, 2013)
2. Registration/Screening Appointments (March 20, 21 and 22, 2013)
3. Notification Letter (June 2013)
4. Assessment (August 2013)
ü Registration Scheduling by Appointment. We will begin scheduling appointments for registration and screening beginning Monday, March 4. Appointments can be scheduled by:
§ calling the Searfoss Office at (740) 967-5456
§ emailing email@example.com
§ come into the Searfoss Office to schedule your appointment.
ü Registration/Screening will be held at Searfoss Elementary Wednesday, 3/20 Thursday, 3/21 and Friday, 3/22, by appointment only. When you and your child arrive for your scheduled appointment, you will begin by completing paperwork. Please have the child’s original birth certificate, social security card, immunization record, proof of residence and any custody agreements affecting the child as well as an IEP, if applicable. While you are completing paperwork, your child will see the nurse for vision/hearing, our speech pathologist for speech/language and a teacher/aide for letter and number recognition.
ü Notification Letter will be mailed around June 14, 2013. This letter will inform you of:
§ your child’s teacher
§ the kindergarten schedule they will be on
§ the pre-scheduled appointment time on August 19, 20 or 21, 2013
We will also include a list of any information that was missing during registration.
ü Assessment is held by appointment on August 19, 20 or 21, 2013. During this appointment, your child’s teacher will administer the KRA-L (Kindergarten Readiness Assessment – Literacy) to determine your child’s level of academic readiness for Kindergarten. Your child’s teacher will provide the results from the KRAL, at your request.
Explanation of information required for 2013-2014 registration is as follows:
1. Original Birth Certificate: Please bring in an original birth certificate (it has the raised seal) and we will copy it. Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 30, 2013.
2. Social Security Number: These will be entered into our system for state reporting requirements.
3. Immunization records: We will copy these for our files.
4. Proof of residence: One of the following is required.
Lease/Rental Agreement Mortgage Deed Residency Affidavit
Property Tax Bill Voter Registration (with valid Ohio Drivers License)
5. Custody papers: We require a copy to be placed in the student’s folder, if applicable. (Confidential)
6. IEP Information: If your child has already been identified with an IEP, please provide us with documentation and we will make a copy for our records.