Final Week of Biology!
Monday, May 18th
Review the guided notes. These are the final notes for the plant kingdom. The guided notes are complete, there is nothing you need to fill in.
Click here to download or view the guided notes: Plants
Tuesday, May 19th
Class at 11:00 a.m. Mrs. Barb and I will be available at 11:00 a.m. in Teams to answer any questions you may have.
Wednesday, May 20th
Quiz on Plants - the quiz will be open from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Plant Quiz Click here to take the test.
If you have any missing grades, please email Mrs. Barb or myself to give you a final opportunity to complete work. We have tried many times through email, phone calls, and Remind texts to get you to take the quizzes. Any work that is not complete will result in a 0%.
Biology Assessments May 11th - 14th
NO test this week; the final test will be on May 20th
This will be the final topic of biology we will be studying this year. The final topic will be the plant kingdom.
Monday, May 11th
Topic - Roots Please read pages 639 - 641
Plant Kingdom Notes click here to print off or view the guided notes for the week.
Plant Kingdom class from today click here to hear the information from the class today.
Tuesday, May 12th
Class - at 11:00 a.m.
Plant Kingdom PowerPoint click here to view the Plant PowerPoint
Wednesday, May 13th
Topic - Stems Please read pages 642-643
Thursday, May 14th
Topic - Leaves - Please read pages 644 - 647
Friday, May 15th
Topic - Flowers - Please read pages 668 - 673
NO test today, the final test will be May 20th
Biology Assignments May 4th - May 8th
This week we will be studying Chapter 26 - Arthropods
Monday, May 4th
1. Print out the guided notes if possible. If not, please download or copy into a Word document so you can type in the notes as we discuss arthropods in class tomorrow and fill in the notes.
2. Read pages 762 - 765
3. Chapter 26 Arthropods please click here to print or download the notes for this week.
Tuesday, May 5th
1. Class at 11:00 a.m. Please have your notes ready as we discuss arthropods.
2. Read pages 766 - 769 and answer questions 1-3 in your biology notebook.
Arthropod Video Class Click here to watch the class from today and to fill in the guided notes.
Wednesday, May 6th
1. Read section 26.2 Arthropod Diversity
2. Answer questions 2 and 4 for this section
Worms Re-Take Click here if you need to take the test from last week.
Thursday, May 7th
1. Read section 26.3 Insects and Their Relatives
2. Answer questions 2 and 3 for this section
3. Prepare for your test tomorrow
Friday, May 8th
Chapter 26 Test Arthropods The test will be open from 8:00 a.m. - 8:
Arthropod Test click here to take the test
Biology Assignments April 27th - May 1st
This week we will begin our study of the Animal Kingdom. The first animals will be be discussing is worms. Please review informatin from sections 25.1, 25.2. and 25.4
***There are many YouTube videos on the different types of worms we are learning about this week. I encourage you to take some time and watch a few videos.
***Summative test on Friday - Chapter 25 - Worms The test will be open from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. This is an open note, open book test You will not be given a re-assessment because we are in the 6th week of remote learning and all should be familiar with how to use Forms. You may use your notes and textbook so there should not be a need to re-assess. Please check your work before you hit the submit button, because you cannot go back. Please let Mrs. Barb or I know if you are having any troubles.
Monday, April 27th
1. Read section 25.4 Segmented worms
2. Answer questions 1, 2, and 4 page 751
3. Watch a YouTube Video Earthworm Dissection. I recommend https://youtu.be/8p-GAX4Xb2A
This video will give a great understanding of how to dissect an earthworm, the structures of an earthworm, and the function of those structures.
4. Print out the notes for Chapter 25 notes if possible. We will be filling in the guided notes during class tomorrow. The guided notes link is above in yellow.
Tuesday, April 28th
Class @ 11:00a.m. We will be giving notes for Chapter 25 and dissecting the earthworm during class today.
Today's class information You may click on this link to watch a video of the class.
Wednesday, April 29th
1. Read section 25.1 Flatworms
2. Answer questions 1-4 page 730
Protist/Fungus Retake Click this link ONLY if you did NOT take the quiz last Friday. The quiz will be live from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. today.
Thursday, April 30th
1. Read section 25.2 Roundworms and Rotifers
2. Answer questions 1-4 page 736
Friday, May 1st
Summative Test Chapter 25 - Worms This is an open note test.
Worms Quiz click here to begin the test.
The test will be open from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. You will NOT be given a re-assessment because we are in the 6th week of remote learning and all should be familiar with how to use Forms. You may use your notes and textbook so there should not be a need to re-assess. Please check your work before you hit the submit button, because you cannot go back. Please let Mrs. Barb or I know if you are having any troubles.
****You have hard copies of the notes for Protists and Fungi that were given to you at locker clean out. We will continue to follow the Syllabus that was given to you also.
***I have included a few enrichment activities at the end of the week, if you would like a better understanding of protists and fungus.
***Summative test on Friday - Chapter 19 and 20 The test will be open from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. This is an open note, open book test You will not be given a re-assessment because we are in the 5th week of remote learning and all should be familiar with how to use Forms. You may use your notes and textbook so there should not be a need to re-assess. Please check your work before you hit the submit button, because you cannot go back. Please let Mrs. Barb or I know if you are having any troubles.
***Remember to check your answers AFTER you have completed the assignment on your own. The answers are under the tab "Biology Answers".
Monday April 20th
1. Read pages 546-552 and review the movement and feeding habits discussed with each phyla.
2. Review the guided notes I prepared for you and add your own notes as you read along.
3. Answer questions 1-4 on page 552 of your textbook.
4. Compare your answers with the correct answers for the handout, "What is a Protist?"
Tuesday April 21st
Teams Class Meeting at 11:00 a.m. We will go over the remainder of notes for Protists and review the notes for Fungus. You have the guided notes completed already, so we will quickly go over the information and give you an opportunity to ask questions. We will be looking at different types of Fungus as we discuss this kingdom.
Homework - Answer questions 1-4 on page 560 in your biology textbook.
Week Five Video Lesson Click here to watch the lesson from today.
Wednesday April 22nd Happy Earth Day!
1. Review the notes from the Kingdom Fungi we discussed yesterday in class.
2. Answer questions 1-4 on page 581 in your biology textbook
3. Complete the handout pages 45-46 titled, "Chapter 19 Algae in Your Foods" Read through the handout and answer the 5 questions.
Thursday April 23rd
1. Answer question 1-4 on pages 586 AND 591
2. Gather all materials for Chapters 19 and 20 to prepare for your summative test tomorrow.
Friday April 24th
Summative Test Chapters 19 and 20 This is an open note test.
Protist/Fungi Quiz click here to take your test
The test will be open from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. You will NOT be given a re-assessment because we are in the 5th week of remote learning and all should be familiar with how to use Forms. You may use your notes and textbook so there should not be a need to re-assess. Please check your work before you hit the submit button, because you cannot go back. Please let Mrs. Barb or I know if you are having any troubles.
Enrichment for the Protists and Fungi Chapters
1. Complete the study guides for sections 19.1-19.4 using the help of your notes and textbook.
2. Watch the video, "What self-driving cars can learn from brainless slime molds." Time 7:29
3. Complete questions 1-4 on page 565 in your textbook.
****You have hard copies of the notes and handouts for Protists that were given to you at locker clean out. We will continue to follow the Syllabus that was given to you also.
Tuesday April 14th
On Tuesdays in April we will have our live video chat classroom at 11:00 a.m. We will be taking attendance during this time so we know who is participating in class. If you are unable to attend the chat, please email Mrs. Barb or Mrs. Thomas with your reason. We want to know if you are having problems with Teams. The lesson will be taped so you view the lesson at another time. This will be class time, so we will be teaching new information and answering any questions you may have.
Wednesday April 15th
1. Read pages 542-545 and study the guided notes I prepared for you. Please add your own comments and side notes to my guided notes as your read through the text.
2. Answer questions 1-5 on page 545
Thursday April 16th
1. Watch the YouTube video by Bozeman Science - Protists Time 5:06 minutes
2. Watch the YouTube video titled,. "How Do Protozoa Get Around?" 10:41 minutes
3. In your notes or biology notebook your are keeping, describe the MOVEMENT of each phyla of protists.
Friday April 17th
Bacteria Quiz Click here to begin the quiz
This quiz will be live from 8:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. today only. If you do not take the quiz, you will receive a 0% because this is your 2nd opportunity. You may use your notes and textbook on the quiz. This is ONLY for students who did not take the bactera quiz the first time before spring break.
1. Complete the handout page 40, "Chapter 19 What is a Protist?" This handout goes along with your textbook.
2. Using Google and your textbook, look up examples of the following phyla"
Ciliophora, Sarcodina, Apicomplexa, and Zoomastigina
3. Read through the procedures and complete numbers 1-3
4. Complete the Analysis questions at the bottom of page 40.
Biology Assignments March 30th - April 3rd
You will have a Summative Assessment on Friday April 3rd covering the material in section 18.1
Monday March 30th
1. Work the review sheet for bacteria. The icon is on my main web page.
2. The virus quiz will be on the 4th grading period. If you would like to re-assess the virus/classification quiz, complete the re-assessment by 8:00 p.m. on Friday April 3rd.
Tuesday March 31st
Work on the review sheet for bacteria. Please check all of your answers for the work you have completed so far. There is an icon on my main web page for Biology answers from the study guide and textbook.
Wednesday April 1st
I will have a live video chat at 11:00 a.m. You should have received an invite in your school email. If you did not receive an invite, please email me at email@example.com and I will add you. You will open your Office Calendar app and click on the meeting to open up details and join. This method is new to all of us, but it will become easier the more we use it. You may ask me any questions you may have so far. This will help you get used to using Teams.
Thursday April 2nd
Formative Assessment I will have a link to a practice test.
Friday April 3rd
Bacteria Quiz Click here to take the quiz
Summative Test - 18.1 Bacteria I will have a live link on Friday. You may use your notes to complete this assessment. I will have a live link from 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. It is YOUR responsibilty to complete the test on Friday. You will find the link here on Friday.
Biology Assignments March 23rd - March 27th
If you have not set up a Remind 101 account for biology, here is the code:
1. Read pages 516-520. Review the typical structures of a bacterial cell and their functions.
1. Read pages 521-524 in your textbook. 6th Period students will need to fill in the Economic Importance of bacteria on the last page of your guided notes and 8th Period students should add the following to your notes. This information is listed on page 522 of your textbook.
a. Fertilize fields, recycle nutrients, protect the body, produce foods and medicines.Pl
b. Answer questions 1-5 under 18.1 Assessment in your textbook. I recommend you keep all of your biology work organized in a biology notebook. Please click on the icon Biology Answers to check your work.
1. Please complete the formative quiz so that I know you are comfortable with using Office 365
2. Complete the Study Guide handout 18.1 using the help of your textbook and notes.
3. Complete the handout titled, "Chapter 18 Prion Diseases". Read through the information on page 9 of the handout and answer the questions on page 10 of the handout.
4. Complete the handout titled, "Chapter 18 What are the differences between animal cells and bacteria cells?"
You will need to go to Google and find a typical animal cell slide and a typical bacterial cell slide and draw them in the space on the handout under DATA and OBSERVATIONS
1. Complete the handout page 21 titled, "Chapter 18.1 Bactera Section Quick Check."
2. Review information for section 18.1 We will take a formative assessment next week and a summative test late next week. This is a change from the original date.