Fun Learning Opportunities
See the links below for opportunities to virtually learn in creative digital ways.
The author of numerous fantasy books and short stories, Leigh Bardugo lives in L.A. creating adventures to new worlds for her readers. Check out this interview to learn more. Interested in reading one of her titles? Use your Licking County Library card to check out the digital copies available through OverDrive. Don't have a library card? Apply online for immediate access, and they will mail a card to you.
Each summer AudioFile magazine presents Sync, an opportunity to download 2 free young adult audiobooks. The program begins on April 30 and runs through July 29. Take advantage of this opportunity for some easy, enjoyable reads.
- Download the free Sora app on your mobile or tablet from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open Sora and tap I have a setup code (at the bottom of the screen).
- Enter this setup code: audiobooksync.
- Enter the email address you used to sign up for SYNC.
- Tap: Explore (at the bottom of the screen) to see the week’s featured titles - 2020 season starts April 30.
The first two titles are The 57 Bus by Dashka Slater and Monday's Not Coming by Tiffany Jackson.Virtual Tours
- Feeling the need for some exhilaration but can't leave your house? Check out Disney's virtual rides for some fun!
- Travel to Paris and visit the Musée d'Orsay and see works by the masters.
- Feeling trapped? Explore some of these unique locations on a Google 360° tour.
- Connect with some of America's most beautiful parks with these Google tours.
We could all use a little stress relief right now. Check out these options and take a breather!
100+ museums, hospitals, and more took the challenge of making coloring pages of some of their content. You can find the different books at this website.
Not looking for famous art to color? You can try this adult coloring book with an array of easier to harder pages.
Want to know what type of reader you are? Take this short quiz from EpicReads to see!
Think you know your Harry Potter house? Take this quiz designed by social scientists at Cambridge University to find out if what you think is right. Send Mrs. Doty an email with your house designation, and she will let you know hers.