Bacterial Review Sheet
The bacteria quiz will be live on Friday April 3rd. You can take the quiz anytime between 8:00a.m.- 8:00p.m. It is YOUR responsibility to take the quiz during the allotted time. The quiz will be on my web page under Biology- go to the assignments- April 3rd. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Thomas or Mrs. Barb.
1. Study the diagram of a typical bacterial cell. Study the locations of the following structures: flagella, pili, cell wall, DNA,
plasma membrane, and capsule.
2. What is the function of the flagella?
3. What is the function of the pili?
4. What is the function of the cell wall?
5. What is the function of the plasma membrane?
6. What is the function of the capsule?
7. What are the 3 common shapes of bacteria?
8. Name 2 uses of bacteria that are positive to our economy.
9. Why does penicillin not typically harm humans?
10. What is a prokaryotic cell?
11. In what temperature do the Heat and Acid Loving Bacteria like to live?
12. Where do the Methane Producing Bacteria like to live?
13. Why are some bacteria classified as a parasite?
14. Why are some bacteria classified as saprobe? (what is a saprobe)
15. Where do photosynthetic autotrophs get their energy?
16. Explain how an endospore protects a bacterial cell?
17. What is the genus and species of the bacterium that causes food poisoning?
18. What is the genus and species of the bacterium that causes tetanus?
19. What percentage of diseases are caused by bacteria?
20. How many main groups of bacteria are there?