Week of 4/27
Office hours: Tuesday, 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Complete the following reassessment activities from the week of 4/13. Reassessment is optional for anyone with a passing score on an assessment. You can view your scores on these assessments in Progressbook.
1. Teams hello post: Follow the directions in the video below to find our class Teams page. Post a greeting on the channel called "Say Hello." If you cannot get to Teams online, some students have been able to use it by choosing "download the app" instead of accessing the online version. If you can't do this either, then please send me an email letting me know you are unable to access Teams from your devices.
2. Need to reassess any of the Hamilton questions 6, 7 or 8? The link below contains instructions.
1. Read through the explanation of the final assignment we will complete for our Hamilton unit.
2. Select an article to work with. The slideshow you just read includes a brief introduction to each article to help you choose one that interests you. You can find the articles as PDF attachments in your email. You can also find them on the Teams page on the Hamilton articles channel in the "Files" section. The doc below shows how to find the articles on Teams.
3. Post a comment on the Hamilton articles Teams channel to let me know which article you have chosen. If you cannot access Teams, please email me with your choice.
4. Review the expectations for active, engaged reading outlined in the document below. Please note that your work next week is built on these annotations! If you do not annotate as you read this week, you will need to annotate the text next week to complete the assignment.
Wednesday -- Friday
1. Work on your active, engaged reading. You may want to preview the activities for next week so that you can read with purpose. I hope to have these posted by Wednesday!
2. Need support in your reading? Check out the Team video chat calendar (you should see invitations in your email) to BEGIN reading the articles together in a Teams meeting. Can't attend the meeting? I will record meetings and you can access the recordings later through Teams. Meeting times with corresponding articles are listed below.
Wednesday, 2:00 p.m., article 1: "Can We Get Back to Politics? Please?"
Wednesday, 3:00 p.m., article 2: "Race-Conscious Casting and the Erasure of the Black Past in Hamilton"
Thursday, 2:00 p.m., article 3: "Remember . . . I'm Your Man"
Thursday, 3:00 p.m., article 4: "Reckoning with America's Racial Past, Present, and Future in Hamilton"