Four Year Planning Outline
In order to take full advantage of the high school experience, it is important that students carefully consider the courses, programs, and experiences in which they would like to participate during their four years of high school. To assist with this important task, students are strongly encouraged to develop a “Four Year Plan” for high school. The School Counselor will fill this out with all freshmen in the fall. The “Four Year Plan” will be updated with freshmen, sophomores, juniors during the scheduling process with the School Counselor. Seniors will update this form during the fall and in the spring to ensure they have met ALL graduation requirements.
The scheduling timeline is listed below. The School Counselor may make changes to the timeline. Constant communication regarding the scheduling process and timeline will be a priority for the guidance office. The guidance office encourages parental involvement throughout the scheduling process. If you would like to have an individual meeting regarding scheduling please contact the School Counselor.
- January – Core teachers make recommendations
- February – Core recommendations and elective choices form is mailed home to families
- This form will give families the opportunity to work together to select the electives (band, choir, foreign language, family consumer science, social studies, art, pe, health, and computer classes). This form will need to be signed and returned with the student.
- February-March– Students will log into the scheduling portal and select the elective choices other have been selected on the scheduling for.
- March through June – The School Counselor will build the master scheduled based off of the students’ interest. The School Counselor will work to get as many of the desired courses.
- May –Incoming 9th grades are not permitted to have a teacher aide period until the 2nd semester. All teacher aides for the upcoming year will be due to the School Counselor by May 1st. May 12 will be the last day to register for CCP courses for fall semester.
- June – Final schedules will be mailed at the end of the school year. There will be a ten day window to change schedules and this will be the ONLY opportunity to make schedule changes for the upcoming school year. ALL changes have to be signed by a parent/guardian.
- August – Schedules will be handed out during Open House. Registration Gateway forms MUST be completed in order to pick up your schedule. The library will be available to you that evening if you need to complete these forms. Students will NOT have internet access, be able to go on field trips, or participate in some extracurricular if these forms are not completed.
- December – Schedule changes for 2nd semester will be permitted before students go home for Winter Break. There will be a 3 day window to submit these changes. ALL changes have to be signed by a parent/guardian.
***As always, if you have any questions about the scheduling process, please let the School Counselor know.