"Good Morning my BRB children!" I hope everyone is healthy and is staying sane during this crisis. At this point, I think we all know and understand that conert season is essentially over. IF we were to go back to school on May 4th, I will be focusing on graduation music and starting the marching band season. Your next and very important assignment is completing the Spring Awards and Marching band songs form. This is due by the end of the day on April 17th. The following week, if you are a current Freshmen, Sophomore, or Junior and would like to be a student leader, those applications will be due by the end of the day on April 24th. I've been working with the band camp staff about possible alternative dates, ideas, etc... based on what may or may not be coming this upcoming summer. I will also be meeting with the teaching staff (Mrs. Z, Rizzo, Carlton, and Jude) about summer schedules and a plan for practicing.
On a personal note, I have struggled the past two weeks with a completely blank calendar (as far as having set goals to work towards... contest, spring concert, awards, graduation, festivals, camp, etc...) Everytime I think I have an answer, the game changes...UGH!!
So, here's my priority list at the moment...
1) How to recognize student achievement for the 2019-20 school year and say a proper good bye to a wonderful senior class.
2) Plan band camp once its determined exactly what that may look like this summer.
3) Figure out the student leadership for 2020-21 and how to work on training for the next school year.
4) Start working on music and drill for the upcoming season.
5) What is the fall marching calendar going to look like
6) Start thinking about pieces for next concert season (yes, I begin this process in the summer as well)
7) Fundraising/needs/adjustments for the 2020-21 school year and beyond.
Check back weekly and just keep playing your instrument! Would love to see a video of Corey West marching up and down Main Street playing "House." or any other quality video that moves your spirit. With your permission, I may share my favorites, and if I really love it...maybe a non-contact pizza delivery will arrive on your doorstep.
What's you name? Where are you from? Who do you march for?
Big Red Band LINK Library
Student Leadership Application 2020
Please click the link to fill out the Office 365 Form "Student Leadership Application"
Spring Awards and Song Suggestions FORM
Click on this link to vote for Best Spirit, Most Improved, and Most Outstanding Musician. You can also include some song selections for this fall!
Phone: (740) 967-2721
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Marc Zirille
High School Band
Middle School Band