Mrs. Kobin's Kindergarten Class
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year!
-Johnnies are Safe, Responsible and Respectful Learners-
Please view and complete the list below, before the first day of school:
- If you have not completed the JES Dismissal Information Survey, that was due on 8/26, please do so immediately! It is imperative that we have this information as soon as possible.
- Read through the Kindergarten information pamphlet thoroughly, as it contains important information for the first day of school. You will also receive a hard copy of this in your student's Take Home Folder after their first day of school.
- Take a tour of Room 104: Mrs. Kobin's Kindergarten Classroom
- Is your child worried about what they will do when they make it to their classroom? No worries! Watch the video below with your child and discuss the procedures.
- Please watch the video below for information on how your child will arrive at school and how they will enter the building. Kindergarten teachers will be meeting all Kindergartners outside as they arrive on the first day. This will only happen on the first day.
- Get to know your teacher!
- Optional- Check out our classroom behavior management system, Class Dojo. Even though parents will not be connecting to student accounts at the moment, you can get to know more about Dojo and how it will be used in the classroom with your student.
The Night Before the First Day of School Activities
- Watch this fun read aloud, starring Mrs. Kobin, on the night before your child's first day of school
- Make "Ready Confetti" for you student
- Traditionally, Kindergarten students would receive a bag of "Ready Confetti" from their teacher at Open House. Because we are unable to provide that this year, and we so cherish this beloved tradition, we encourage you to make "Ready Confetti" and surprise your student with it, as if it was delivered from their teacher. Open the link below for the "Ready Confetti" poem and recipe.
- Ready Confetti