Degrees and Certifications:
BS in Education: Heidelberg(College) University MEd in Curriculum and Instruction: Ashland University
Mrs. Cartwright began her teaching career on Andros Island in The Bahamas as a fifth grade teacher. During her seven years in The Bahamas, she taught fourth and sixth grades in the Lowe Sound and Nicoll's Town communities. These insightful years left an important impact on her professional philosophies regarding the essential skills that are necessary for student success. She maintains valuable connections with colleagues, family and friends from her time there.
Upon her return to Ohio (2002), she took a position as a fourth grade teacher at Searfoss Elementary in Johnstown. In 2017, she transfered to Johnstown Elementary School and has continued in fourth grade. She is grateful for her dynamic and highly skilled, grade-level team and JES colleagues.
Mrs. Cartwright's other interests include supporting the non-profit she and her husband founded-Friends of North Andros (FoNA). Through this work she connects her passions of learning, serving others, meeting new people, travel, and opportunities to enjoy the beach. She is also an active member of the Presbyterian Church of Johnstown and enjoys spending time with her children and grandchildren.
Tips for Success
- Clean out your binder! Moving forward, prior assignments, other than in-progress packets and calendars, will not be needed and can be removed.
- Establish a space for learning that is similar to a school environment-away from televisions or other noise distractions.
- Keep a container of supplies available: pencils, erasers, writing paper, scissors, glue, crayons/colored pencils
- Use folders to organize subject assignments.
- Try not to miss my grammar jokes, too much! :)
- Limit your use of "lazy language". It is easy to slip in to those bad habits!
- In all this, just give your best self. Be kind to those trying to help you, be patient if you need to wait for "your turn" for the computer, and when you don't know how to do something, just make a logical try and move on to the next item.
Suggested Learning Schedule
Daily Tasks for Week One:
Reading & Language Arts
Choose 1: Academic Skill
Choose One: Extension Activity
Academic Skills Extention Activities
Science Keyboarding Without Tears
Social Studies Go Noodle
Music Art Hub
PE Personal Journal