Please be sure to include a note with "Turf/Track" and your name when donating.
The Johnstown-Monroe Schools online Returning Student Update portal is now open for the 2017-2018 school year. This online system allows you to review, verify, and edit important information for the upcoming school year. This is your opportunity to make changes to the contact information, addresses, emergency contacts, update any necessary medical information and sign off on policies and agreements. The information you entered last year, or when you registered last year will already be uploaded for your review. The entire process should just take a few minutes.
To begin the online process go to: https://update-johnstown.laca.org/
Please note the following items:
- This information must be completed by a parent or legal guardian prior to schedule pick-up at the high school and middle school.
- Please ensure the information you submit is accurate.
- If you have more than one child in the District, you must repeat the process for each child.
- Any change in residency or child custody will require documentation be delivered to the District Office, located at 441 South Main Street. Please contact Debbie Lowe, District Secretary, at 740-967-6846 with questions about residency or custody.
- Username = Student ID Number
- Password = Childs Date of Birth in the d/m/yyyy format (1/3/2001) Must include slashes and must not include leading zeros.
- A letter will be mailed home with the username and password for each student.
Welcome to the Johnstown-Monroe Local School District Website. I hope you find our new website (launched August 1, 2017) easy to navigate as you search for information and resources. Should you need assistance in navigating our website, or if you have recommendations for ways in which we can improve user experience, please contact our Webmaster Jeff Rings via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2017-18 School Year promises to be both exciting and challenging as we begin our move into new facilities. The Johnstown Elementary School, located at 200 Leafy Dell Road, will be open for the beginning of the school year and we will be hosting a building dedication/ribbon cutting ceremony on August 19th at 10 a.m. on site. We are expecting to move into the new Johnstown High School, located at 445 South Main Street (Chambers Way) in January, 2018 and currently are on schedule. I believe you will find these new facilities to be very practical in function yet aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Our Phase III work on the renovation of the current high school continues in February as we prepare for that facility to be utilized as our Middle School in the Fall of 2018. Through a partnership with the Babcock Foundation we are continuing our renovation of the Performing Arts Center and are working to have a majority of said renovations complete by October.
I look forward to our district’s continued partnership with families, and the community, to enhance the educational experience of our students academically, socially and through our many extracurricular activities. Together, we are creating a positive culture that supports improved outcomes for all students in an effort to lay a strong foundation for their future success. The Board of Education, Administration and Staff remain committed to assisting students and families in optimizing their K-12 educational experience while serving as good stewards of the financial resources provided. I hope your 2017-18 school year is filled with joy as you experience new and exciting learning opportunities.
Dale L. Dickson,